A Lemon Law Lawyer in California Representing Consumers with Lemon Law Claims
If you experience significant problems with a warrantied vehicle long before you should, the Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act, commonly known as California’s Lemon Law (also a motorcycle lemon law), may entitle you to relief. To learn whether your vehicle is covered by the Lemon Law, call the Law Offices of Sotera L. Anderson as soon as you can to schedule a consultation with a California lemon law attorney. There are deadlines to file lemon law claims, so don’t delay.
If you are like most Americans, a vehicle is one of the most significant purchases you will ever make. People commonly spend tens of thousands of dollars on new or used cars, and consumers rightfully expect anything that expensive to last for years and perform as expected. Unfortunately, this does not always occur, and consumers throughout the state regularly experience significant problems with vehicles that a manufacturer’s warranty should cover.
What Is the California Lemon Law?
A vehicle may be a lemon if the dealer cannot fix a particular problem with your car after you have given them several opportunities to do so. What is a lemon car? Your car might be a lemon if it meets the following criteria:
- You purchased or leased a new or used car from a dealer here in California
- During the factory warranty period, you took the car in several times for the same problem
- The dealer cannot seem to fix the problem
What Should You Do if You Believe That Your Vehicle Is a Lemon?
Many people who start experiencing problems with relatively new vehicles are unsure of what to do or where to turn. How does the lemon law work? You can protect your legal rights by:
- Letting the vehicle manufacturer or its authorized dealer know you are having trouble with the vehicle.
- Documenting the nature of the problems and when they started.
- Taking the vehicle in for repairs as soon as possible. Remember, the longer you wait, the more you risk allowing your warranty to lapse.
- Saving all records related to the repair. Don’t count on the dealer or manufacturer to keep records for you.
- Retain an attorney as soon as you can. Many manufacturers aggressively defend against lemon law claims, and retaining experienced legal counsel early will maximize your chances of success.
Call the Law Offices of Sotera L. Anderson Today to Speak With a California Lemon Law Lawyer
California’s lemon law provides consumers with significant protections. The extremely complicated lemon law, however, also creates difficulties for individuals without legal training to obtain relief—even when they have valid claims. If you purchased or leased a motorcycle, car, truck, or motorhome that you believe qualifies as a lemon, speak to an attorney as soon as possible. California’s lemon law works as a used car lemon law as well, so don’t dispair if you purchased your lemon used.
Sotera L. Anderson is a skilled California attorney who is committed to representing the rights of consumers who were sold vehicles with serious problems. Her previous experience representing vehicle manufacturers and dealers gives her the insights needed to bring your case to the best resolution possible under California law. Ms. Anderson personally handles all of the lemon law claims. She accepts cases in Los Angeles, San Diego, Riverside, and the rest of California.
To schedule a free consultation with Ms. Anderson, call her office today at 1-855-96-Lemon or send her an email through her online contact form.