Top Attorney Helping Dodge Owners Assert Their Rights Under Lemon Laws
The Law Offices of Sotera L. Anderson is committed to helping consumers who have unknowingly purchased defective vehicles, which is why our practice focuses on lemon law.
We understand how much people rely on their vehicles on an everyday basis, and know how an unreliable car can completely disrupt your life.
Dodge’s slogans portray its vehicles as tough, dependable, and resilient. However, many Dodge owners know that this manufacturer is not immune to making lemon cars. Dodge vehicles can present chronic and irreparable problems.
Does the Lemon Law in California Apply to Dodge Vehicles?
The law in California applies to both new and used Dodge vehicles. However, the vehicle must meet a number of other conditions in order to qualify as a lemon. First, your vehicle must have been purchased or leased from a dealership, and it must be covered under the manufacturer’s warranty. The vehicle must have a substantial defect impairs its value, use, or safety. You must give the dealership or manufacturer an opportunity to repair this defect before you can file a lemon law claim. If the dealership or manufacturer has been unable to repair the defect after multiple attempts, the Dodge vehicle is most likely a lemon.
Which Dodge Models Have Been Reported As Lemons?
You could experience issues with any type of vehicle manufactured by Dodge. But, some models are known for having serious problems. The Dodge models that often reported as lemons include:
- 2013 to 2017 Dodge Ram trucks
- 2014 to 2016 Dodge Durango
- 2013 to 2016 Dodge Caravan
- 2014-2018 Dodge Charger
- 2013-2016 Dodge Dart
If you believe your Dodge is a lemon, it’s best to discuss your situation with an experienced attorney. Sotera L. Anderson can review the details of your case to determine whether or not your vehicle qualifies.
What Are You Entitled to Under California’s Lemon Laws?
Consumers who unknowingly purchased a Dodge lemon are entitled to relief under the state’s lemon laws. If your Dodge vehicle is a lemon, Dodge is required to provide you with one of the following forms of relief:
- Buyback of the lemon – In these cases, the manufacturer agrees to issue a refund in exchange for you turning in your lemon. The refund should include the balance of your auto loan or lease, all payments you made toward the loan or lease, the down payment, and any collateral costs, such as rental cars or tow trucks.
- Replacing your vehicle – The manufacturer may also take your lemon and replace it with a vehicle that is substantially similar to the vehicle you purchased, minus the defects.
- Cash settlement – The manufacturer may tell you to keep the lemon—which you can then sell, trade in, or keep as you choose—and issue a cash settlement for the costs of owning the lemon, including financial expenses and inconvenience.
Manufacturers rarely agree to any of the above terms simply because you have filed a lemon law claim. An attorney will need to handle your claim for you to ensure you achieve the results you desire.
Schedule A Free Consultation With A Skilled Lemon Law Attorney Today
Don’t continue to drive your Dodge if you believe it is a lemon. Instead, seek legal representation from the Law Offices of Sotera L. Anderson at once. Our office regularly helps consumers exercise their rights under the lemon laws, and we can help relieve the stress of constant car troubles in many cases. To schedule a free case evaluation, call our law firm at 1-855-96-(LEMON) or fill out our online contact form.