If you bought a car from CarMax that you believe is a lemon, write a letter (certified mail, return receipt requested) to Carmax at the following address:
CarMax Auto Superstores California, LLC
12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway
Richmond, VA 23238
The letter should include the following information:
- Name, address, and phone number
- Vehicle year, make, model, VIN
- Date of purchase
- Explain the problems with the vehicle and how you feel about it
- That the vehicle was certified and apparently they did not do a good certification because they should have discovered the defect.
- That they did not give you the results of the certification inspection before you bought the car
- Tell Carmax it is “in violation of the Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act and Consumer Legal Remedies Act.”
- Tell them you want a refund of your monies
CarMax gets 30 days to respond to your letter. If they do not offer the refund, call me and I will see if I can help you.