Why Choose The Law Offices of Sotera L. Anderson
The Law Offices of Sotera L. Anderson is committed to helping consumers who have unknowingly purchased defective vehicles, which is why our practice focuses on lemon law.
We understand how much people rely on their vehicles on an everyday basis, and know-how an unreliable car can completely disrupt your life.
For this reason, we focus on resolving our clients’ lemon law claims as quickly as possible. Our goal is to get you back on the road in a timely manner so you no longer have to deal with the inconvenience of owning a lemon vehicle. Some of the benefits you receive by working with us are:
|FREE Consultation||FREE Attorney Services||19+ Years Experience|
|Settled Hundreds of Cases||Experienced Trial Attorney||Former Attorney for Manufacturers|
|Personal Touch||Licensed by the California State Bar||Trustworthy|
|Responsive||Efficient||Recognized as One of the “best of the Bar” by San Diego Business Journal (2017)|
Our team has handled countless lemon law cases over the years. Many of the claims we have resolved involve lemons manufactured by:
If you believe your car, motorcycle, or truck is a lemon, contact our team today to initiate the claims process.
About Sotera L. Anderson
I have nearly two decades of legal experience. Before I started this law firm, I was an attorney for automotive manufacturers. I grew restless serving manufacturers, watching consumers being taken advantage of, especially by their own attorneys, and I felt like I wasn’t fulfilling my desire and purpose of doing good for everyday people.
My experience representing manufacturers has given me a unique edge on my competition. I know all the players – the manufacturers and their lawyers. I know what’s important to them when analyzing a lemon law claim, and how they will attempt to pick it apart. I know the most effective ways to work towards achieving the best possible results for my clients. More importantly, the manufacturers and their attorneys know that I have the knowledge and experience to help my clients get what they deserve even if it means taking the case to trial. My background and experience have helped me settle hundreds of cases on behalf of consumers throughout California.
I will never pass your case off to an assistant or paralegal. I take great pride in working one-on-one with each client to learn more about their situation and desired results. I am passionate about making a positive impact on my clients’ lives and work tirelessly to ensure each client is compensated fairly.
Our Founder’s Resume
You should know who you are hiring. Most attorneys do not show potential clients their resume, leaving you to wonder what kind of experience they really have to represent you and what kind of lawyer (and person) they really are. Not me. Below is my resume. You can see that I’m not only an experienced attorney, but I give back to younger lawyers and my community as well.
EDUCATION & BAR ADMISSION
- JD, California Western School of Law, San Diego, California
- Academic Achievement Award for Trial Practice
- Gafford Moot Court Trial Team
- BA, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California
- CA State Bar # 211025. Admitted to practice before all California state and federal courts, Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces and Court of Criminal Appeals for the Air Force.
- Founder and Principal Attorney, Law Offices of Sotera L. Anderson, San Diego, CA
- Protects the rights of consumers against manufacturers and dealers who have sold or leased them lemons in both state and federal court.
- Senior Counsel, Wilson Turner Kosmo LLP, San Diego, CA
- Defended product manufacturers, from manufacturers of automobiles to industrial equipment to pharmaceuticals, in products liability lawsuits in both state and federal court. Also represented automotive manufactures in a host of lemon law/breach of warranty claims brought under the Song-Beverly Consumer Warranty Act, Magnuson-Moss Act, and the Consumer Legal Remedies Act.
- Associate Attorney, Wilson, Elser, Moskowitz, Edelman & Dicker, LLP, Los Angeles and San Diego, CA
- Law firm with 800+ attorneys, 20 domestic offices and 7 international affiliates
- Associate; Legal File Clerk/Law Clerk; Assistant to Regional Managing Partner
- Served as National Coordinating Counsel for country’s largest store brand over-the-counter drug manufacturer.
- Supervised, managed and handled complex multi-district pharmaceutical litigation
- California Air National Guard, 163d Attack Wing, March Air Reserve Base, CA
- Qualcomm, Incorporated v. Certain Underwriters at Lloyd’s, London (March 25, 2008) Court of Appeal, Fourth Appellate District, Division One, State of California
- STATE BAR OF CALIFORNIA
- Commission on Judicial Nominees Evaluation (’17-’19)
- Member (’01-present)
- SAN DIEGO COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION
- General Civil Litigation Section, Vice-Chair (’09), Chair (’10)
- Member (’01-present)
- PAN ASIAN LAWYERS OF SAN DIEGO
- Member (’15-present)
- Board of Directors (‘16-’19)
- MCLE Chair (’17)
- Annual Dinner Committee (’15-’19)
- Mentor/Mentee Program (’17-’18)
- CONSUMER ATTORNEYS OF CALIFORNIA (’17-’18)
- LAWYERS CLUB OF SAN DIEGO (’07-’17)
- NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF MINORITY AND WOMEN-OWNED LAW FIRMS
- Emerging Leaders Committee
- Secretary (’13-‘15)
- Social Networking Subcommittee Chair (’13-’17)
- Products Liability Practice Area Committee, Membership Subcommittee Chair(‘14-’16)
- Emerging Leaders Committee
- LOUIS M. WELSH AMERICAN INNS OF COURT (’08-’11)
- DEFENSE RESEARCH INSTITUTE (’06-’07)
- SAN DIEGO COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION
- Children at Risk Committee, Mock Trial Program; Porter Readers Program (‘08-‘10)
- Mentor/Mentee Program (’07-‘10)
- Coastal Clean-Up (’07)
- CALIFORNIA WESTERN SCHOOL OF LAW
- Trial Team Coach (’01-‘02)
- Moot Court Competition Judge (‘01)
- RADY’S CHILDREN HOSPITAL
- Volunteer (’15-present)
- A NIGHT TO REMEMBER PROM for Special Needs Kids
- Volunteer and Fundraiser (’14-’18)
- COUTURE FOR A CAUSE
- Volunteer and Fundraiser for charities that benefit children (’17 & ’19)
- President (’18-‘20)
- Executive Vice President (’17-’18)
- Parliamentarian (’16-’17 and ’20-’21)
- Member (’16-present)
- Sotera L. Anderson, Deborah A. Cumba, Nuts & Bolts Series: Taking Expert Depositions, San Diego County Bar Association and Pan Asian Lawyers of San Diego (June 16, 2017)
- Sotera L. Anderson, Deborah A. Cumba, Robert C. Rodriguez, Deposition 201: The Basics for Defending Depositions, San Diego County Bar Association and Pan Asian Lawyers of San Diego (August 18, 2016)
- Sotera L. Anderson, James P. Leonard, Cost Effective Strategies in Handling Lemon Law Cases (June 17, 2016)
- Sotera L. Anderson, Robert C. Rodriguez, Deposition 101: The Basics, San Diego County Bar Association and Pan Asian Lawyers of San Diego (April 5, 2016)
- Sotera L. Anderson, Ethical Leadership, Enlisted Development Course, 163d Attack Wing, March Air Reserve Base (2015)
- Sotera L. Anderson, Lemon Law 101, Los Angeles Air Force Base Legal Office (2015)
- Sotera L. Anderson, Jessica A. Chasin, Jocelyn Hannah, Organization and Case Management, Wilson Turner Kosmo (2014)
- Sotera L. Anderson, Robert A. Shields, Handling Breach of Warranty Cases, Wilson Turner Kosmo (2014)
- Sotera L. Anderson, Taking Expert Depositions, The Daily Journal (June 19, 2017)
- Sotera L. Anderson, Didn’t Learn How To Defend Depositions In Law School? Not To Worry, The Daily Journal (August 12, 2016)
- Sotera L. Anderson, The Basics of Taking a Deposition, The Daily Journal (March 28, 2016)
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
- Super Lawyer, San Diego, 2020 (only 5% of the attorneys in San Diego are selected to Super Lawyers)
- Voted by the public as Favorite Litigation Law Firm in San Diego 2020, The San Diego Union Tribune
- Best of the Bar (1 of 100 recognized), San Diego Business Journal, 2017
- Top Attorney Nominee, San Diego Daily Transcript, 2010, 2012, 2015
- Enjoys: Spending Time With Family, Making Jewelry, Yoga, Golfing, Snowboarding, Cooking, Traveling
Schedule A No-Cost Consultation With Our Team Today
Is your vehicle a lemon? If so, let us help you seek justice. The manufacturers of your vehicle are required to pay your attorney fees, so our legal services are completely free to you.
We invite you to schedule a free consultation with our team to learn more about our services and your legal options. Let us review the details of your case and determine the best way to quickly resolve it so you can get back on the road in a fully operational vehicle. To schedule your free consultation, call 1-855-96-LEMON or submit your information using the form on this website.